Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wooves or Dears



Dear Readers,

I went to the Berrydale show last night at the Okay Mountain and really enjoyed the thing. Ryan Lauderdale reallocates church camp group portraits by updating them in psychedelic prismatic explosions. Michael Berryhill lifts images from Renaissance painting, plants them out of doors at goldenhour, and surrounds them with a detritus of electronics, wires, and trash. The two artists represented together demonstrate a continuum of appropriation. Looking at the work, it feels like you've been here before, but, no, you couldn't have. It just doesn't look like the reality you're used to.

On a related note, I was in the Arts and Leisure Department of the NYT this morning and found this: 'Head On' by Cai Guo-Qiang

Yesterday I saw some carved Deerheads in a 2nd street boutique (made me want to barf, that boutique did, but that is no story for now), so I ask you, dear reader, what have you seen more of lately: Deerheads or Wolves?

4 comments:

Michael Hughes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael Hughes said...

It beats the balls off the latest offering, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

ms. watson said...

what happened to your blog? I miss it. also, "milf"'s posting is some seriously awesome spam...

kate watson