Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas time is here



Well hello, hello, AHFB readers. As you know, it’s Merry Old Christmas time, and we here at the 14th DABO can hardly contain ourselves. Little Gerald and Clint are soon to be joined by our third poster, Dominic Hayes. He was very excited to be next in line, and I can tell you personally, he is feeling quite a bit of holiday cheer. I’d like to take a moment now, however, to remind you of all the needy boys and girls out there in this big world. This is a time of generosity, of sharing, giving, compassion, and caring. Please, all readers out there, open your hearts, be not afraid to be touched, and take merriment with you. Tis the season, after all. We here at the orphanage are certainly brimming with spirit. Shouldn’t you? But before I go on too long, here is Dominic with a lovely post.

Sincerely,

Mary F. Reilly

Hello, my names Dominic. Thank you for reading this post. I am nine years old. I like to think that I was named for Dominic Wilkins, a great basketballer. My sister says thats silly, but I’m older than her and I know better. I want to be a paleontologist, so I should know a thing or two. Paleontologists are scientists that study dinos. Not like Jurassic Park, which was awesome, but kind of more like Indiana Jones, another awesome thing. By the way, we all went to a museum the other day too. It didn’t have dinos, but it was alright anyway. It was called the Blanton Museum of Art. It had a lot of old pretty pictures and new scribble pictures. I decided to write a poem about it and Mrs. Reilly said it was ok. I hope you enjoy it. Also, I wanted to tell Santa that I was a good guy this year. I was very cheerful and nice to my sister. I hope he brings a lot of Christmas cheer this year. Plus, I hope all of you guys have a good Christmas too. My mother always used to tell me that everyones got a bit of Christmas spirit in them, and we all secretly smile at reindeer and elves. So if you guys feel this spirit, let it out. That’s what we’re supposed to do, I think. That’s what my mom used to say.

Have a merry Christmas,

Dominic

BMA by Dominic Hayes

I went to this museum

and there were noodles outside,

you could run in them

and jump and hide.

Inside the museum were paintings

with color and shape,

my favorite image

was a man with a yellow pear face.

There were cars

and statues plenty,

but the best room

was full of pennies.

It looked like gold

spilled from a truck,

into the vault

of Scrooge McDuck.

There were hundreds of bones

above or more,

and I laughed with my sister

pretending they were dinosaur.

And we saw guys in gray

watching us walk,

they stood with walkie talkies

and didn’t talk.

I waved to one

and he tried to smile,

but he turned around a corner

and was gone for a while.

And then the time came to go

before we saw it all,

but we weren’t sad

we'd come back next fall.

No comments: