Monday, November 5, 2007

Satisfaction



Hey guys, name’s Greg, and I hate fucking yuppies. Yeah, I’m an urban camper. I live on the kind streets of Austin. But maybe they ain’t so kind lately. The sun’s been shining, the river’s been sparkling, nature’s been vibing right with me, but there’s something else out there. Seems like a trend we got going around in this city o’ ours. Listen, if you can get yourself some nice expensive shirts that make me look like crap, don’t move here. I’m serious. Are there signs up or something? ‘Come to Austin. Hey you, yeah you, douchebag, come to Austin. We’ve got opportunities and real estate. Woo hoo!’ Give me a break. Seriously, keep Austin weird - I know it sounds trite and stupid - but it’s the god’s honest truth. ‘Hey, you, you’ve got commerce, prosperity, and economy?’ Don’t fucking come here. Get away from our town. It’s like my bud Dan Boehl says, go back to Dallas (or is it Houston?). I can’t get no satisfaction, that’s what I say, but that’s beside the point. On a side note, back to my bud Dan – he’s a swell guy. I am writing this now at his house, and god knows I stink, so I try to hurry it up. Just a half hour to put this shit up. So I’m rushed, I know, excuse me if it ain’t all there. But anyway, Dan, he’s a good guy. He’s Austin, you know? Letting this bum into his house to stink up his computer chair rant about dead ending-yuppies. That’s cool, baby. You’re cool, baby. You guys out there, keep living free. And yuppies – suck it! We don’t want your zero-culture cheesefest!

Peace,

Greg

p.s. the picture heading this post is a painting done by another good bud of mine, Jeff Barnyard. Get in touch with that dude if you like what you see. Support! Know what I’m saying?

No comments: