Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Letter from Mary Francis Reilly

Hello, Austin Home for Boys readers. My name is Mary Francis Reilly and I am the director for the 14th District Austin Boy’s Orphanage. It is a special home filled with special children, each with something to say, something very valuable to voice. It is in that spirit that I announce the commencement of a project very near and dear to my heart, something I have been working on for many years. With the help of this blogsite, the 14th DABO will bring you selected writings from the children in-residence. The boys will be posting their thoughts, their poetry, and their expressions. We will try our best to update the entries each and every week, so please remember to come back and see what our boys have been up to. Trust me, they have lots to say. I’d also like to add that for many souls in this world, love is hard to come by. Our boys know this. They hope to help. If our words and thoughts heal, in anyway, anyone who reads, anyone who cares, then God bless and let us know. The boys would be more than proud. So please, come make a home here with us. After all, that’s what we’re about, uniting happy families since 1954.

Sincerely,

Mary F. Reilly

No comments: