Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Here's Gerald



Hello again, readers. As I hinted in an earlier post, the boys here at the 14th DABO have a lot of enthusiasm, and already, we have our first participant. His name is Gerald Gere, and he could hardly wait for me to post his writing. He is a lovely boy, some might say precocious, with a charming wit all his own. Gerald is a sensitive, caring child, so please, if you read his post, respond with words of wisdom, charity, and generosity.

Sincerely,

Mary F. Reilly

Hi guys, I’m Gerald. I’m eleven years old. I was born in Tempe, Arizona. I lived there with my older brother Duke, but he’s in the Army now. One thing I really like is snow. I like Las Vegas too. I want to live there when I grow up, but I want to live in the mountains too. Sometimes I can’t decide. Argghh! Well, I hope you readers are having a good day. I’m doing good too. Well, here’s my poem Mrs. Reilly asked me to write. Oh, by the way, I was named for Gerald Ford. He was a president.

My Mother by Gerald Gere

My mother was a tiger

with bright orange fur,

she loved me and my brother

the most in the world.

In the field she hunted

and gathered up some food

to feed us when we were hungry

and make us feel good.

I know my mom’s in heaven now

where all kind souls do go,

watching down from up high

over me and my bro.

Someday we’ll meet again,

but for now there’s much to do,

writing down this poetry

and sending love to all of you.

1 comment:

Katie Geha said...

One of the best poems I've ever read.