Friday, November 23, 2007

Here's Clint


Hey folks, sorry for the long wait between Gerald’s post and this one. We’ve been a busy little orphanage lately. The holidays are coming, fundraisers have been organized, we’ve been blessed with new arrivals in our home, and we’ve also said goodbye to a few boys leaving for happy, new families. So it’s been a good past few weeks, but now we’re ready again. Today’s post is written by Clint McConnell. He’s a good boy with a bit of spunk in him. He’s a rambunctious boy, and that’s why we love him. Without further ado, here’s Clint and his post.

Sincerely,

Mary F. Reilly

Hey, what’s up guys? I’m Clint and I’m pretty new at the orphanage. Some of my favorite things are guns and mustangs. I once found a box in my uncle’s attic full of toy soldiers and toy cars. He said they were gi Joes and matchbox cars. I really like the Joes weapons. They were tiny but they looked cool. But my uncle left town, and he let me keep the toys. It was pretty cool. Theres one matchbox I have that is in the shape of a mustang. It looks really awesome. I like it because it looks fast. I like fast and loud things. That’s why I decided to write about guns. Mrs. Reilly said it was okay, so don’t worry. I know Gerald wrote a poem, but I’m writing mine as an essay. Here goes.

Why I like guns
by Clint McConnell

I like guns because they loud and fun. They look cool and they make you look cool. Their shiny and sleek, and the bullets they shoot whiz around fast. Guns can give you respect. I want a gun so people would respect me. But I'd protect them too, let them be safe. People would thank me. I'd also try and learn gun tricks. I would want to flip them around and spin them, maybe throw them in the air and catch them. One day I want to own a bunch of guns. I want a shooting range in my basement, I wouldn't go hunting, because that's stupid, but I would try to become a sheriff or something to make people feel safer. It would be really fun. The end.

No comments: